The Domestic Annual/Fall 18-19 waiver period is 5/1/18 – 9/8/18.
The Domestic Spring/Summer 18-19 waiver period is 12/1/18 – 2/9/19.
You may request to waive out of the Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) if your alternate insurance health plan meets the following requirements:
1. Your plan is provided by a company licensed to do business in the United States, with a U.S. claims payment office and a U.S. phone number.
2. Your plan is currently active and I agree to maintain health insurance coverage throughout the entire 2018/2019 academic year.
3. Your plan provides coverage for prescriptions drugs.
Waiver requests MUST be submitted no later than September 8, 2018 to be considered.
DOMESTIC STUDENTS CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT YOUR WAIVER REQUEST FOR ANNUAL/FALL 2018-2019
The International Fall 18-19 waiver period is 7/16/18 – 8/27/18.
The International Spring 2019 waiver period is 12/1/18 – 1/21/19.
The International Summer 2019 waiver period is 4/1/19 – 5/20/19.
INTERNATIONAL ‘F1’ VISA STUDENTS
All F1 visa holders are required to enroll in University of Dallas Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) unless a waiver is submitted and approved. The cost of the insurance coverage is not included in your tuition or fees and will appear as an additional charge on your account. International students can request a waiver to SHIP but must demonstrate that they have equivalent, alternative health insurance coverage. In order to be approved for a waiver, your alternative health coverage must meet or exceed the requirements as set forth below and be submitted prior to the, August 27, 2018 waiver deadline. Notification of acceptance or rejection of this request will be sent to your school’s email within seven business days.
- Criteria to submit a waiver request:
- Student is sponsored by the government of the student’s home country and is provided through a PPACA compliant plan. If a non-PPACA compliant plan, the sponsoring entity must guarantee payment of all health expenses in writing.
- Student is enrolled in a US employer-provided group health plan that is PPACA compliant.
- If the health plans above do not include medical evacuation and repatriation, a rider must be purchased providing coverage at equal limits to SHIP.
- The alternative coverage must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Provide the Essential Minimum Benefits required by the PPACA with no annual limits. A list of the Essential Minimum Benefits can be found here: https://www.healthcare.gov/glossary/essential-health-benefits/
- Policies annual Deductible of no more than U.S. $500. (Except for employer plans)
- Contain no exclusions for pre-existing conditions.
- Covers 100% of Preventive Care as defined by the PPACA. A list of these preventive services can be found here: https://www.healthcare.gov/coverage/preventive-care-benefits/.
- Medical evacuation coverage amount is no less than $50,000.
- Repatriation coverage amount is no less than $25,000.
- Dates of coverage meet or exceed the requirement for the school semester.
- If your alternate coverage meets the above minimum requirements, submit electronic copies of the following documents with your online waiver request:
- A scanned copy of the front and back of your health insurance ID card indicating the student as a covered member.
- A scanned copy of your complete policy, including coverage amounts, exclusions, and limitations in English using US dollars.
- A scanned copy of your medical evacuation and repatriation coverage (if you have
NOTE: Travel plans or plans that require you to pay for treatment yourself and then apply for reimbursement will NOT be accepted by the University for waiver approval.
Click Here To Submit the INTERNATIONAL Student Waiver Request for Fall 2018-2019